What was once considered as impossible is now a very real probability. Yes, your website can be indexed in Google’s database within a week’s time after it goes live! How are you supposed to do this?
Google said that you should not bother to submit your website to them. They will find your website, and once they do, they’ll index your web pages. The reason behind this is quite simple. Google uses links to hop from one website to another. If they arrive at a page that is unfamiliar to their database, they will index it… and thus is the method by which your very own website can be a part of their database.
The problem is, there are literally billions of web pages out there. Even with the mechanical precision by which it operates, it will take weeks, if not months, before Google can stumble upon your website for proper indexing. The trick is in expediting this process. And how are you supposed to do that?
Let’s put it this way. If only one website is linking to yours, Google has to crawl through that site before it could discover yours. 1 in 1,000,000,000 is not a favorable ratio. But what if you have 1,000 websites linking to yours? Alas! Your website would have better chances of getting indexed fast!
The number of websites linking to yours is called your link popularity. To check your current link popularity, use the tool that can be found at www.linkpopularity.com .
Regardless of what number would appear (which, chances are, would be zero if you have just published your website), we will have to build your link popularity to at least a thousand so that Google can find your website within a week’s time.
How are we to do this?
Here are some specific steps you should follow.
- Write 10 highly informative and unique articles about the topic of your website.
- If you can’t write articles, as such would require a lot of time, hire a freelancer to do it for you. Go to www.rentacoder.com , www.elance.com or www.guru.com and advertise a job. You’ll receive some bids, and it’s up to you to select the best freelancer for the task you want done.
- Submit these articles to as many article directories you could find. The ones you shouldn’t miss are www.exinearticles.com , www.goarticles.com and www.isnare.com . Being linked via the latter option has been known to work well with MSN rankings. There are more than a thousand prominent article directories today. If you have one article in each of their databanks, then you’d have a thousand pages linking to your website.
- Create a blog at www.blogger.com . Choose the default hosting option, that is, allow Blogger to host your blog. Blogger is owned by Google. You see the point we’re driving at here? Make sure that your blog would link to your main website, either as a mention in your posts, or as a fixed link on your menu bar.
- Link to as many blogs as possible. Chances are, the owners of those blogs would link to your blog as well, and the readers of those blogs may even do the same thing.
- There are sure to be some forums devoted to the subject of your website. Find these forums and create an account with each of them. Use the tool at www.link-advantage.com/search to find the online community related to the subject of your site. Once you’re a member in those forums, include a link to your website in the signature box that would be provided for. Your signature box will appear in every post you will make. The trick here is to publish as many significant posts as you could. Each post will serve as a link to your main website, and would improve its link popularity.
These steps can be done in 3 days, and before the week is over, you’d be surprised that your website would have been indexed by Google, as well as the two other main search engines at that.